This glossary provides definitions of common terms used in the context of air pollution.
You can navigate quickly to a term using the alphabetic links below; clicking on the terms will show their definition.
- Acid Deposition
- Acid Rain
- Air Pollution Bandings
- Air Pollution Bulletins
- Air Pollution Index
- Air Pollution Information Service
- Air Quality Management Area (AQMA)
- Air Quality Objectives
- Air Quality Standards
- Air Quality Strategy
- Ambient Air
- Annual Mean
- Automatic Monitoring
- EMEP (Co-operative Programme for Monitoring and Evaluation of the Long-Range Transmission ofAir pollutants in Europe)
- Emission Factor
- Emission Inventories
- EU Directives
- National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (NAEI).
- National StatisticsThe emissions and concentration statistics shown in the air quality database are National Statistics. National Statistics are produced to high professional standards set out in the National Statistics Code of Practice. They undergo regular quality assurance reviews to ensure that they meet customer needs. They are produced free from any political interference.