This glossary provides definitions of common terms used in the context of air pollution.
You can navigate quickly to a term using the alphabetic links below; clicking on the terms will show their definition.
- Acid Deposition
- Acid Rain
- Air Pollution Bandings
- Air Pollution Bulletins
- Air Pollution Index
- Air Pollution Information Service
- Air Quality Management Area (AQMA)
- Air Quality Objectives
- Air Quality Standards
- Air Quality Strategy
- Ambient Air
- Annual Mean
- Automatic Monitoring
- EMEP (Co-operative Programme for Monitoring and Evaluation of the Long-Range Transmission ofAir pollutants in Europe)The EMEP programme consists on three main elements:
- Collection of emissions data;
- Measurements of air and precipitation quality;
- Modelling of atmospheric transport and deposition of air pollution.
- Emission Factor
- Emission Inventories
- EU Directives