- UK-AIR news
UK-AIR website recent improvements
News published: 11/10/2013
We would like to bring to your attention a number of improvements to the UK-AIR services which have been implemented in recent months. These changes are made with users in mind, to open-up access to the air quality data and increase its use and transparency.
- UK Ambient Air Quality Interactive Map (beta). This GIS tool enables you to interact with and download concentration data from Defra’s national Pollution Climate Mapping modelling. The UK Emissions Interactive Map (beta) is also available as a sister development.
- The UK Air Quality Data Catalogue provides a searchable catalogue of UK air quality monitoring and emissions data.
- A useful summary of available information was recently published in Defra’s Guide to UK Air Pollution Information Resources.
- You can Embed UK-AIR forecasts in your website (beta) by creating the HTML code on-line and then adding it to your own pages. Various options are available for the size and type of the embedded forecast.
- The Openair data analysis tools for AURN stations have been upgraded to make use of WRF modelled meteorological data.
- Our UK-AIR Twitter service will shortly include maps and graphics from the UK Air Quality Forecasting team during high pollution events.
- Defra air quality data is now released under the Open Government Licence, see the About UK-AIR page for more details.
We are always happy to receive feedback on the services we provide so that they continue to meet the needs of users. We are currently evaluating user needs and demand for automated, web based feeds of AURN data. If this is of interest to you please let us know so we can gauge the level of interest.
All comments or suggestions on any of these services should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: (What are these?)