Air Pollution in the UK report
Because of their potential impacts on human health, welfare and our natural environments, ambient concentrations of a wide range of air pollutants - including ozone, nitrogen oxides, sulphur dioxide, carbon monoxide, particles, hydrocarbons and metallic pollutants - are measured at over 130 urban, suburban, roadside, industrial and rural locations throughout the UK. Automatic and non-automatic measurement techniques are used.
This is the latest in a long-running series of annual reports summarising measurements from these national air pollution monitoring networks, operated on behalf of Defra and the Devolved Administrations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It includes comprehensive data and analyses from the calendar year (January to December) of 2011.
The report, together with the family of UK Air Quality websites at Defra's air quality pages, Air Quality in Scotland website, Welsh Air Quality Forum website and Air Quality in Northern Ireland website provides the most comprehensive and complete analytical picture of UK's air pollution during 2011.
Latest Annual Reports
The latest annual reports can be downloaded using the links below:
- Air Pollution in the UK 2011 - Full Report
- Air Pollution in the UK 2011 - Compliance Assessment Summary (PDF 540 KB)
Previous Annual Reports
Visit these pages to download Air Pollution in the UK reports from previous years:
- Air Pollution in the UK 2010 - Full Report
- Air Pollution in the UK 2010 - Compliance Assessment Summary
- Air Pollution in the UK 2009 (Edition B) - (Full Report)
- Air Pollution in the UK 2009 (Edition A) - (Compliance Assessment Summary)
- Air Pollution in the UK 2008
- Air Pollution in the UK 2007
- Air Pollution in the UK 2006
- Air Pollution in the UK 2005
- Air Pollution in the UK 2004
- Air Pollution in the UK 2003
Page last modified: 08 November 2012