New Local Air Quality Management Helpdesk
News published: 01/12/2010
Defra, the Devolved Administrations and the Greater London Authority (GLA) have made changes to their Local Air Quality Management support services with effect from 1 December 2010. The provisions have been streamlined with the following main changes:
- A single LAQM Helpdesk for all LAQM issues, replacing the three previous helpdesks.
- A single contractor team undertaking all report appraisals for Review and Assessment and Action Planning.
The contact details have changed and are now as follows:
- Tel: 0800 0327 953
- Email: LAQMHelpdesk@uk.bureauveritas.com
The following organisations have been appointed to provide the services:
- Bureau Veritas with subcontractors AECOM and NPL to provide management and support services relating to LAQM. This includes the operation and management of the new LAQM Helpdesk and the LAQM webpages.
- Transport and Travel Research Limited (TTR) with subcontractors Transport Research Laboratory and Aether who will undertake the appraisal of local authorities’ Review and Assessment reports and Action Plans.
In practice this means:
- the new Helpdesk will provide single portal for:
- answers to Local Authorities' questions on air quality monitoring, modelling and emissions inventories;
- information and guidance to assist Local Authorities in carrying out the Local Air Quality Review and Assessment process required under Part IV of the Environment Act 1995; and
- information and guidance to assist Local Authorities in preparing and implementing Air Quality Action Plans for improvement of local air quality.
- any specific enquiries relating to the appraisal of Local Authority LAQM reports should be submitted in writing to Defra or the Devolved Administrations for onward transmission to the appraisal team. Local Authorities should not contact the helpdesk with these queries.
Share this page: (What are these?)