Air Quality Expert Group
The Air Quality Expert Group (AQEG) is an Expert Committee to Defra that provides independent scientific advice on air quality, in particular the air pollutants contained in the Air Quality Strategy (AQS) for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and those covered by the EU Directives on Ambient Air Quality.
Specifically AQEG gives advice on levels, sources and characteristics of air pollutants in the UK. It does not advise on health impacts or air quality standards.
- July 2020: Estimation of changes in air pollution emissions, concentrations and exposure during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK report published
- June 2020: Impacts of Net Zero pathways on future air quality in the UK, Non-methane Volatile Organic Compounds in the UK and Assessing the Effectiveness of Interventions on Air Quality - 3 AQEG reports published
- April 2020: Request for rapid evidence - Estimation of changes in air pollution emissions, concentrations and exposure during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK
- July 2018: Air Pollution from Agriculture, Impacts of Vegetation on Urban Air Pollution, Ultrafine Particles (UFP) in the UK and Potential Air Quality Impacts of Shale Gas Extraction in the UK - 4 new reports published
- January 2018: Appointments to the Air Quality Expert Group (AQEG)
- December 2017: AQEG advice on the use of 'low-cost' pollution sensors published
- August 2017: Impacts of shipping on UK Air Quality report published
- August 2017: The Potential Air Quality Impacts from Biomass Combustion report published
- June 2016: Appointment of experts to the Air Quality Expert Group (AQEG)
- April 2016: Paints and Surfaces for the Removal of Nitrogen Oxides report published
- September 2015: Evidential Value of Defra Air Quality Compliance Monitoring report published
- August 2015: Mitigation of UK PM2.5 Concentrations report published
- August 2015: Linking Emission Inventories and Ambient Measurements report published
NW Quarter Seacole Block
2 Marshall Street
London, SW1P 4DF
Tel: 08459 33 55 77
All correspondence for AQEG should be sent through the Secretariat. Members cannot guarantee a reply on AQEG business to any communication sent directly to them.
Issued jointly by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government, and the Department of the Environment for Northern Ireland.